these are a few of my favorite things that i know i am going to miss oh so much when i’m traveling through europe. i decided that i’ll mourn my losses now rather than waste time being sad while i’m overseas. so this is my little goodbye to some of my most beloved, my most american possessions and habits.
- my iphone. oh my iphone. since i met your very first addition, it has been love. because of you: i have become more productive. i have become a master of my email inbox. i have become connected to the fabulous world around me. and i have become dependent on your abundant capabilities. my dad and i are currently researching if there is anyway i can use you while overseas and set up an irish sim card, but the outcome isn’t looking good for us.
- my zip zappin’ prius! i love you preepree. i’ll miss drivin’ your savy self and hope that my dad treats you well while i’m away.
- my bed. my frames. my candles. my drapes. thank you for making my room always feel like home. as i’ve moved 3 times in the past 6 months, i appreciate your ability to make home always follow me.
- uggs. my main squeeze of comfort. as of right now, you’ve been x’ed from my packing list. you’re just a wee bit too bulky and a wee bit impractical for my travels. but i love ya just the same and my feet will be missing you!
- tv shows. grey’s. private practice. desperate housewives. 30 rock. the office. snl. modern family. keeping up with the kardashians. teen mom. all my guilty, guilty pleasures. i will miss keeping up with you and following you like you were my own life.
yes it’s a shame we must part ways for awhile.. but i know this is what is best for both of us. well… definitely best for me. thank you for being so loyal throughout the years, and i hope someday our paths will cross one another once again and we can rekindle the love we once shared. xoxo.
if you’re lucky enough to have beloved possessions, you’re lucky enough